Thursday, January 26, 2012

The sound of snow

Well, it's certainly been awhile since I've updated the blog... some days there were simply "outside" rides that needed to happen and others well... I was simply lame. And considering that it is a winter with very little snow, well of course you have to take advantage of the snow when it's here. I can hear the trails beckoning me, you know the ones that you haven't seen since your last mountain bike ride. Only this time, we are on xc ski's and loving every minute of it. Those are the days where the only sound you hear are the ski's sliding across the snow and perhaps your own breathing. Ocassionally you'll hear the local inhabitants looking for food or playing in the sun. And then your last thoughts of "do I really need to get back to the shop now?" Can't I simply stay out a bit longer?
Well, some days we simply have to put a limit on the everything, and unfortuantely this day was one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

HI Carl,

I'm glad to hear that you are enjoying your newfound "addiction". We certainly live in an outdoor paradise, so enjoy and spread your passion!

Jackie