Sunday, November 13, 2011

A change of seasons....

I have to admit that once I jump on my mountain bike, it feels like a new season has begun. All of the late season energy that has become non existent, has suddenly shown its face again. The rides never seem long enough, and I'm always looking for a period of time each day where I can sneak out with my two wheels. Of course, living here in the Northeast where daylight is becoming less each day, that in itself can present a challenge. It's simply a balancing act, home and shop projects are scheduled at odd times of the day and everyone is happy... although perhaps a bit tired.
The above picture was taken nearing the end of a ride, one in which we've rode 13 miles and have the final 10 miles all downhill back to the shop... although on the pavement. This shot, although not all that clear is one taken in an area where there was some logging this summer. I enjoyed the humor of the workers and consequently my fellow rider snapped a picture. It was as though the rock was speaking to us and telling us that all of the climbing has now been completed and some major amounts of fun are about to happen... albeit 10 miles of downhill!



This last photo wa taken of my friend Kathy riding through some snow. The ironic part of this ride is that it has been at least 50 degrees out all week, and although we had rode plenty of miles in the sun and under gorgeous blue skies... here was another reminder that we should always be prepared for any weather conditions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

HI Carl,

I'm glad to hear that you are enjoying your newfound "addiction". We certainly live in an outdoor paradise, so enjoy and spread your passion!

Jackie