Wednesday, October 26, 2011

R.I.P. Sadie

This is a photo of my two buddies and I sharing some great weather last February while nordic skiing. Shanna is the chocolate lab and Sadie the golden retreiver.

After owning several goldens, Sadie was the first female. That certainly was not by choice, but it seems that this is the way that things worked out. She was also one of those dogs that truly smiled at you, and people would always comment on that... even strangers simply walking by. She was a dog that would get her feelings hurt, and I learned that early on when I yelled at her... broke my heart when I saw the look on her face. Needless to say, that was something that changed from that day forward. She instinctively knew when you were happy, sad, or wanted to "play." And play we did... from nordic skiing, snowshoe trips, backpacking trips etc... I think she enjoyed them as much as I did. We even shared that same birth date, although obviously she was a few years younger. :)



May you rest in peace my Sadie!

No comments:

Post a Comment

HI Carl,

I'm glad to hear that you are enjoying your newfound "addiction". We certainly live in an outdoor paradise, so enjoy and spread your passion!

Jackie