Sunday, February 20, 2011

Multi Use Trails


As you can see in remote Maine, we have a whole new definition for "Multi Use Trails." On any given day or moment, you might see people snowmobiling, fourwheeling, xc skiing, snowshoeing, walking or like my friend Kathy and I  riding their mountain bikes. Some of the trails have been around for  generations, and were used for different modes of travel. However, we all have one thing in common... namely to enjoy our beautiful suroundings.

Kathy has done a great deal of travelling  on her bike as you can tell from her pannier on the rear of her bike, believe me when I say that she doesn't leave home without it! She has ridden xcountry, and done many self contained trips throughout the Northeast.

For several years now, I have had a goal to "backpack" on my bike.. or in todays terms "bikepack." I hope this summer will only be the start of some great adventures.

No comments:

Post a Comment

HI Carl,

I'm glad to hear that you are enjoying your newfound "addiction". We certainly live in an outdoor paradise, so enjoy and spread your passion!

Jackie