Monday, August 8, 2011

Mojo...

Over the course of the cycling season here in Maine, I've noticed a strange event happening. In early spring just as we were about to leave our trainers and rollers behind; it started to rain. The rain lasted for several weeks and several days out of each week. I noticed that my riding buddies were starting to become not interested in riding or joining me in the shop for a trainer ride. As the season progressed, I figured that these like minded folks would break out of this mode and  would be banging on the door for a ride. And quite frankly, I couldn't wait!!

Well, the season now is in on the downswing here in Maine, with less daylight, school starting again, and I'm still waiting for that knock on the door or the phone call/email. I've heard every excuse under the sun this season for not wanting to ride. I've mentioned to a couple of people that if indeed they are not interested in riding anymore that "it's ok".... there is plenty to do in Maine and thought perhaps they had a new hobby.

So if any of you out there find some missing "MOJO" for my cycling buddies, please let me know! In a very short time, we will be in the fall season and quite frankly, the most beautiful of the year . And the best way to see all of the changes Mother Nature is showing us is from the saddle of your bike.

I've planned a self contained ride for a few days to try to encourage people, and for those that are more interested in riding dirt... we have a self contained ride planned there as well. So, hopefully with the cooler temps and beautiful days, that missing "mojo" will appear again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

HI Carl,

I'm glad to hear that you are enjoying your newfound "addiction". We certainly live in an outdoor paradise, so enjoy and spread your passion!

Jackie